Sep 22, 2010

The unemployment epidemic...

...sucks.

I could/should just end it there.  But, alas, I'm in a depresso mood, so I'll rant and ramble on, thereby losing the interest of anyone reading beyond, oh, the title.

Honestly though, I'm getting to the point now that I'm legitimately worried.  I thought I had a good lead on a job, but it's looking like that's not going to be happening.  Things were falling into place in absolutely amazing ways.  I had somewhere to stay (for free).  I had an open schedule.  It paid well.  My references were getting in and people were being called.  And now, nothing.  Sigh


Oh well, such is life.

Except not.

I'm really tired of saying that.  Maybe I should change my quote to something like:
Such is my life, and nobody else understands. -- No, that's too lame.
Such is the life of a psychology and religion graduate. -- Maybe, it has potential.
Such is the life of a psychology and religion graduate who has applied to so many jobs and is tired of hearing nothing.  -- Winner.

Well, maybe that last word should be changed to whiner...

But really, such isn't life.  I know people far less qualified than I (and honestly, I know I'm not that qualified) who get jobs doing things that I want to do.  Hell, I know people who are just as qualified as me (read as: have the same degree and education because we graduated together) who are getting jobs or getting into grad programs.  Am I jealous? Um, yeah, I'm jealous (at least of some, there are others who, frankly, I couldn't care less about).  Am I pissed?  Hell yeah, I'm pissed.

But, I've figured this much out: there's nothing I can do about them.  They got lucky...or something.  Maybe if I....*keeps (figurative) mouth shut*


Oh well.

Here I was, thinking I had it all going for me for once.  (Yes, I pulled out an emo, "feel sorry for me", line. Deal.)  I guess not.

Such is life.

Right?

No comments: